Bangor, Co. Down
£21K – £25K p/a
Reactive Recruitment is seeking an Assistant Accountant to join a prestigious organisation at their head offices in Bangor on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Finance Manager duties will include:
- Oversee a team of finance assistants, ensuring the smooth running of purchase ledger processing and payment of invoices.
- Deputise for the Finance Manager when required.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Prepare Operational Costings reports and reconciliations for management accounts.
- Monthly accruals & prepayments.
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist in budgeting process and the internal/external audit process.
- At least 3 years’ accounting experience within an organisation with a turnover of £1M. (2 years’ experience and IATI qualified also acceptable).
- Experienced in managing staff and setting objectives.
- Previous experience preparing financial reports and assisting with management accounts.
- Strong IT skills including Excel, computerised accounting systems & payroll systems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage workload independently and meet challenging deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.