The country’s largest engineering organisation and most advanced manufacturer in their chosen field are back on the lookout for an experienced Manufacturing Leader!
The successful candidate will provide leadership to a production team within a lean manufacturing environment where performance is measured against key performance metrics including safety, quality, on-time delivery, and continuous improvement.
You will be tasked with driving a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within a team.
Working hours M-T (8am-5pm) F (8am-1pm)
Manufacturing Leader Duties:
- Provide leadership and direction to a production team.
- Ensure performance delivery against key targets/metrics and quality standards (deliver the Master Production Schedule and related KPI’s).
- Effectively manage a team to increase line performance and development of individuals.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety standards and requirements are met.
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and manage change within a fast-paced production environment.
Manufacturing Leader Essential Criteria:
- Hold or be working towards a Third level qualification in Engineering, Technology or Business discipline with 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Currently working towards or have successfully completed a Management Development Program (e.g. Internal Step Up Programme, Internal Trainee Program or a similar program with an ILM Level 5 Management qualification) with 1 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, with ability to lead and interact with all levels of staff
The Person we need:
- Leadership Skills: Able to effectively lead a team to maximise operational and individual performance. Be an excellent mentor/coach.
- Teamwork: Work effectively with others in the production team/other departments and create and maintain positive relationships which help achieve organisational goals.
- Communication skills: Speak clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups. Possess the ability to have one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques, appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Planning: Able to think in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resource requirements. Set up and monitor timescales and plans.
- Details Conscious/Quality Focused: Demonstrate focus on the finer/specific details of own work and the work of others.
- Improvement Focus/Problem Solving: Pursue ongoing improvement in company processes, identifying and implementing improvements where possible. Motivate others within the team/company to focus on improvements.
- Decisive: Demonstrate a readiness and ability to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made.
- Results Focused: Eager to take the necessary steps to ensure that operational targets are met, sustained and improved upon.
Please contact Calum on the above details for more information on this fantastic position!