Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Salary : Negotiable (Dependent on Experience)
Do you have a desire to work in the heart of Belfast for one of Northern Ireland’s leading Cyber Security Companies?
One of Northern Ireland’s most rapidly growing Software Cyber Security Companies have begun the search for their newest Software Development Engineer in Test, and they need someone like YOU to join their rapidly growing cyber security team. Our Client’s Software Development team are branching off and expanding service, and they need someone like YOU to join their team. This organisation is well-established in their industry and are offering the potential of a rewarding and long-lasting career with a very competitive salary and perks.
Your new employer:
Award-Winning and growing company in the field of software development with a particular expertise in cyber security. You will have the opportunity to shine and take ownership of your new role. Our Client is offering the opportunity to develop your Software Development skills and directly impact the company’s future.
Your new responsibilities:
- Understand the type of data we collect and process
- Participate in discussions of planned features, and assist with plans to test those features, with a view to improving overall software testing and quality
- Develop and continually increase automated software test coverage
- Contribute to the test strategy and decisions about processes, tools and platforms required for the QA process
- Contribute to the quality standards within the development team
- Work collaboratively with developers to investigate and resolve issues with data quality
Do you have the following skills, qualities or experience?
- 2+ years’ full-time programming experience in developing software in a programming language such as Python, Ruby, Java, C, C++, C#, etc.
- Ability to code small applications or tools from scratch
- Some experience of object-oriented code
- Some experience of code refactoring
- Some knowledge of debugging code and investigating unexpected software behaviour
- Basic knowledge of network protocols such as HTTP requests and responses
- Previous experience in software verification, or interest in moving into this specialisation
- Experience with shell scripting and Linux or other Unix-like operating systems
- Genuine interest in a career in software testing and verification
Does this position match your needs? If so, give Jamie a call on 02890099211 or email email@example.com. In return you will receive quick interviews, quick feedback and offers made to the successful candidate